Saxophone/Cannonball soprano/Jupiter Artist tenor

Question
QUESTION: Hi, I'm considering purchasing the tenor in this listing:

http://abbotsford.craigslist.ca/msg/4609495063.html

And the soprano in this listing:

http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/pml/msg/4600435114.html

What can you tell me about these two horns? Are they top-of-the-line professional instruments? I am able to get the soprano for $850. What would be a good price for the tenor?

Thanks.

ANSWER: Hi. The tenor, if in good playing condition, $800-$1200 USD. It really depends on condition.

QUESTION: Can you please answer the rest of my question? I would like to know about its quality and skill level, thanks.

Answer
Again, it depends on condition. Age is also a factor. The soprano is 8 years old, tenor unknown. In the early days of both companies, the metal was too soft in the keys and they would bend easily. I have not encountered anyone with the latest offerings from either company. Our son has a Cannonball tenor from that period. These horns would be classified as upper intermediate. Top-of-the-line is Selmer, Yamaha, Yanagisawa, CE. Winds, etc.. No way of telling quality just from the pics. Need to play test them. Please let me know if there is anything else.

Doc

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier