Saxophone/conn curved soprano sax

I wanted to know the value of a Conn soprano saxophone made by pan American in 1922/23. Plays good. Nickel plating is not in good shape. I also have a student Conn gold alto plays fine. A few scratches and some dents on the bottom. It's about 40 yrs old. Value?

Thank you for sending the pictures - it makes things WAY easier!  Your soprano is a beauty and if it is decent playing condition it could bring maybe $300 to $350 if you can find the right buyer.  I have almost the exact same model and case - mine has more of the lacquer in tact!  I paid $200 for it many years ago.  These play surprisingly well and have held their value or increased versus their alto counterparts.

Sadly your alto is a model that is plentiful and not really sought after (like your curved soprano might be). Still, it appears to be in good shape and I would guess it could bring maybe $200 to maybe $250 f you can find someone who needs a starter horn, a second horn or maybe a student who needs a "marching" horn.

Hope that helps!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.