Saxophone/yamaha YAS 62

Question
We came across a used Yamaha YAS 62 for sale at the local music store  for 1200.00
after consulting with some musician friends and doing internet research we decided that this was an excellent deal so we bought the instrument for my son (9th grader, playing in HS band) The serial number is 036749
Does the serial number give any indication as to how old this instrument might be.  It appears to be in very good shape

Answer
YAS-62 was Yamaha's pro instrument from 1978 up until the newer series 475/875/62 II/62 III took over. Their numbering system is different that most others as it does not tell the age, as far as I could research. You can call customer service at Yamaha.

Here is their archives page;

http://usa.yamaha.com/product_archive/winds/yas-62/?mode=model

hope this helps.
Doc

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier