Saxophone/King Saxaphone

I have a King saxophone Serial # 44729, with mother of pearl buttons. It also has what I think to be its original case. Could you tell me the age, model# and worth ?

To be honest, I'm going to need to see some photos of this instrument in order to determine exactly what you have. The serial number you gave me dates this instrument prior to 1915 and the records from that period are few and far between.

I would need to see some high resolution photos of the key clusters for both the right and left hands, left hand pinkie cluster and the engraving "if any". A photo of the neck would be important. Also a clear photo of the serial number and any additional info that might be stamped on the horn would be a huge help.

If you like you can send them to my direct email at

Charles Harris  

Charles Harris

questions regarding equipment, performance, repairs, lessons, etc. Almost all saxophone related questions.

I am a professional member of N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instruments Repair Technicians). I have been repairing saxophones, flutes, clarinets, and brass instruments since 1993. I perform in several professional groups covering genres form classical, jazz, and rock.

N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians

St. Petersburg Junior College (AA) University of South Florida.