i have a sax that is dated dec 8, 1914 made by the AMERICAN PERFECTO THE JJ Richards Clevend ohio it has flowers eched around the co. name and below the name it has these numbers1119954 A then below it,it has these numbers P7685 L I was wondering if you could tell me about it and maybe bout whats its worth thanks

Hi Martha,

It is an alto sax made by Conn using a Pan American body. The JJ Richards Co in Cleveland, Ohio hired Conn to engrave their logo on horns to sell in their stores. This was a very common practice up to WWII. I was not able to find any info on this company. In playable condition its only worth about $400

Jeff Frazier

Any questions related to the repair, refinishing and restoration of band instruments (woodwinds and brass).

I am co-owner J and J Woodwinds LLC, a full service repair and restoration facility locatd in Shreveport, Louisiana. We have been in business since 1985 providing customers worldwide with the repairs and restorations that many will not do!

Apprenticed under one of the finest repairmen in the business at Williams music in the late 1970's/early 1980's. His brother is listed as one of the top band instrument repair techs in the nation!

Featured on KTBS 3 (Shreveport, La) in October 2009

US Army Band, US Navy Band, US Air Force Band, beginner and pro players across the globe