Saxophone/saxophone

Question
i have a sax that is dated dec 8, 1914 made by the AMERICAN PERFECTO THE JJ Richards co.in Clevend ohio it has flowers eched around the co. name and below the name it has these numbers1119954 A then below it,it has these numbers P7685 L I was wondering if you could tell me about it and maybe bout whats its worth thanks

Answer
Hi Martha,

It is an alto sax made by Conn using a Pan American body. The JJ Richards Co in Cleveland, Ohio hired Conn to engrave their logo on horns to sell in their stores. This was a very common practice up to WWII. I was not able to find any info on this company. In playable condition its only worth about $400

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier