Saxophone/horn id

I found a horn I don't play and basically I'm a scrapper. You know drive around and get metal and sell it but back to the horn I don't know what it is on the horen top piece its stencilled c.g.conn ltd elkhart ind the only numbers I see are on the 2 push valve I guess its called lol the number 532271 is there any info would be great thanks.

Most of these horns are made out of nickel so there is little 'scrap' value. Conn was a huge maker back in the 20's and 30's...if it's not in playing condition it may be worth $100 or so ...if it can be played, maybe $200 on up depending on condition.  The horn will only be of value to a collector if it can be determined to have some provenance (if it was played by someone famous and you can prove it) or if it is a rare horn made of silver (very rare) or gold (even rarer).  Most likely, it's a standard old outdated horn that will make a nice curio but has little value otherwise.  Good luck!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.