Saxophone/Value of LaMonte Superior Alto Sax # D9391

Question
LaMonte Alto
LaMonte Alto  

LaMonte Superior Alto
LaMonte Superior Alto  
Hello Eugene, I've got a sax here and was wondering if it was worth much. It's a LaMonte Superior Alto Sax # D9391. Probably needs to be rep added.

Answer
Alec - as you might imagine, this is an Italian made horn (I think the manufacturer is actually named Orsi). It's actually a fairly solidly made beginner horn and yours appears to be in very good shape. Unfortunately the market for these is fairly low right now - when they come up on sites like e-bay they can be gotten for anywhere between $100 to maybe $300.  Some that are  well loved have gone for as little as $50 to $75.

It would be a decent starter horn or a good 2nd horn for a student who needs to have a "marching" instrument.  Hope this helps a little.

Cheers - ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera