Saxophone/Value of LaMonte Superior Alto Sax # D9391

LaMonte Alto
LaMonte Alto  

LaMonte Superior Alto
LaMonte Superior Alto  
Hello Eugene, I've got a sax here and was wondering if it was worth much. It's a LaMonte Superior Alto Sax # D9391. Probably needs to be rep added.

Alec - as you might imagine, this is an Italian made horn (I think the manufacturer is actually named Orsi). It's actually a fairly solidly made beginner horn and yours appears to be in very good shape. Unfortunately the market for these is fairly low right now - when they come up on sites like e-bay they can be gotten for anywhere between $100 to maybe $300.  Some that are  well loved have gone for as little as $50 to $75.

It would be a decent starter horn or a good 2nd horn for a student who needs to have a "marching" instrument.  Hope this helps a little.

Cheers - ec

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.