Saxophone/I'm connfused about what I have

Question
Serial #
Serial #  

Engraving
Engraving  
Hello
I inherited a conn from my father and am trying to figure out the age of it. It is a conn usa with engravings of a ribon with stars coming out of it with a banner above the ribon that says conn usa it is a 16m with serial # E04592. I checked the serial # charts and if it wasn't for the "E" I would say 1902. Please help me

Answer
Nate,

Conn-fused - I like it :)

Looks like a classic Conn Shooting Star circa 1965 - it is DEFINITELY NOT from 1902 - my guess is the first digit of the SN# is an 8 not a 0.

These horns are not highly sought after or collected.  Some remain in decent shape and can be okay for starter horns.  They made a gazillion of these to meet the demands of a baby booming population of junior and senior high band programs in the 60's.

These alto's typically sell on the cheap end for as little as $50 to $75 and on the high end maybe at $200 or $300 if they are in very good playing condition.

Keep it in the family as a curio and hopefully fond memory of your dad!

Best - ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera