Saxophone/Antique American Standard highgrade sax

Question
Hi sir! I have a sax that was left many years ago. It's a American Standard high grade sax. The number on the horn is 017. Which means this sax is #17 in their production. It's an original. Can you tell me the value with it still being in good shape? It's close to 100 years old and look great. I can send you some pics.

Answer
Hi Terrell,

The American Standard horns were manufactured by H. N White as a student horn. It was the precursor to the Cleveland instruments.
There were thousands of these sold during the 1920's & 1930's. If it is gold plated, it is a rare horn. Most likely its not as there was very little money to spend for such luxuries at that time. Due to the age, antiquated mechanism and it being a student horn instead of the mainline (King), the value is only about $250-300.

Jeff Frazier  

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier