Saxophone/Selmer USA 82*** model value

Question
I have a Selmer USA Tenor Sax that has Paris features. It has a serial number of 822944. It also has on it US N right below the USA marking meaning it was a Navy horn.

Don't know what model it is or what it could be worth. Any info is quite helpful!

Answer
I believe you have this...Professional features for less.

This is a new saxophone by Selmer USA that positions itself in a price range and quality level that is getting bigger all the time, that of the introductory professional. There are thousands of saxophonists for whom the Selemer TS-44 is perfect. It is designed for someone who loves the saxophone and stays in good shape on the instrument, but mostly plays in church or at home and still wants a great sounding instrument. Is it designed, maybe, for you?

This horn features a genuine Henri Selmer Paris neck and mouthpiece, a beautiful BAM backpack case and a warm, rich sound ideal for both classical and jazz playing. The body is a fully ribbed design and features Pisoni pro pads and blue steel springs for great reaction time and durability.

It is the first collaboration between Selmer US and Henri Selmer Paris that has resulted in an affordable saxophone with unexpected performance. The Selmer TS-44 possesses many features that are common for professional instruments and uncommon for student instruments. It possesses all of the dynamic and timbral range a professional musician needs to deliver an expressive performance, but stays in a price range that is within reach of more musicians than would be a Reference 54 or a Series III.
Selmer
Similar Selmer Products
All Selmer Products
Features
Reasonable pricing
Great sound and playing feel
Engraved bell
Drawn tone holes, ribbed mounting
Leather pads
High quality case included
Technical Specifications
Selmer TS44 Professional Tenor Saxophone
Henri Selmer Paris neck
Body/Neck/Bell: Yellow Brass
Finish: Clear Lacquer
Key Material: Brass
Aux Keys: High F#
Tone Holes: Drawn
Mounting: ribbed
Pads: treated leather
Resonators: metal
Springs: blue steel
Thumbhook: metal adj
Engraved bell
Henri Selmer Paris MPC
BAM Backpack Case
Thanks for the great question. You have a Selmer USA. The Selmer(USA) Omega line of alto and tenor saxophones were superb professional instruments rivaling the Selmer(Paris) line. They have distinctly full bell engraving and may or may not say "Omega" on them, these are late 1970's and early 1980's models. Later Omega horns have less bell engraving and are not as desirable for Selmer USA horns, though they are excellent intermediate horns. Key indicators are the neck. If the neck support is a think 'beam' type it is the later model. If it is the type similar to Paris horns it is the desirable model; also the engraving is much more extensive on the earlier models. Anything with model number including MG is not their earlier pro horn..From the early 1980s until approximately 2001 Selmer USA made their top-of-the-line saxes in Elkhart, Indiana. the The Model 162 Omega alto sax was the first model introduced. The Model 164 was the first tenor introduced around serial number 823000 (notice the lack of the "Omega" title. The model designation was changed to either TS100 or TS-100 when it was realized that professional players were not buying this "pro" line. The TS100 used a different numbering sequence starting with 1xxxxxx (1 million +). In the early 80s, the serial numbers were around... 828xx tenor, then in the late 80's/early 90s, 820011 - 1288792 alto and tenor, This is what you have. The early saxes had a dark lacquer and many Selmer Paris mk VI key-work styling. Later horns had brighter lacquer reminiscent of the Paris Selmer Super Action 80 and late mk VIIs. Earlier horns had a brass high F#, later models had a pearl high F#. Your tenor was made in the late 80's early 90's. It's a great sax, perfect for the seasoned professional player. Play this horn proud! It's not a Selmer Paris but it's still the USA version of the Paris Selmer. I bet it plays great! Have fun!

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller