Saxophone/Frank Holton Sax C-19011-LP

Question
Hello Mr Koeller.

I bought a frank Holton saxophone on eBay. Is C - 19011 - LP". Can tell about the place of production, the age and the value of this saxophones me. the instrument has still all original steep up to the mouth piece and leather strap. Were this instruments silver-plated or plated? The instrument has started as a silver cutlery. It looks like a small tenor sax.

Thank you and best regards from Thuringia in Germany.

Answer
C melody saxophones are worth $300 or less
Frank Holton was an instrument maker from Chicago, Illinios ,USA
here is the history,,,

The Frank Holton Company[edit]
Chicago[edit]
Frank Holton's first business venture on his own was a small rented shop with a desk, two counters and two chairs that he had to paint himself at Clark and Madison streets in Chicago, Illinois in 1898, where he sold used instruments and his own formula slide oil for trombone. Unable to make the rent at times, Holton was known to pawn instruments at a shop on Clark street between 1898 and 1900.[7]
By 1907, a skilled horn maker had been hired and the production of Holton instruments required the construction of a factory on the West Side of Chicago.[7] It would be home to Frank Holton & Company for only a decade.
Elkhorn[edit]
In April 1918, Holton opened a factory in Elkhorn, Wisconsin moving over 200 employees and 85 carloads of machinery from Chicago. The city had lured Holton to Elkhorn through the efforts of a group of local businessmen, who, acting under city mandate, built the new factory which was turned over to Holton and Co. upon their arrival.[8] That building remained as the core of the Holton factory until the decision in 2011 to merge Holton horn production with King and Conn instruments in Eastlake Ohio.[9]
While the factory had been paid for by the city of Elkhorn, the cost of training skilled labor resulted in the first profits there not being seen until 1920.[4]
Along with machinery and employees, Holton brought the company band to Elkhorn[8] which would quickly merge with the storied Elkhorn Band, which had been founded in 1840 by Charles Seelye only 3 years after the town of Elkhorn itself. The band had served as the 12th Regimental Band from 1861 to 1864 during the Civil War.[7]
Already building a full line of high-end brass instruments, Holton recognized the growth of music in the schools and began selling student-line instruments built by other workshops under the trade names Pertin and Beaufort. In the early 1930s, the Holton Collegiate line of student horns built at the Holton factory was introduced. The defunct Collegiate line was re-introduced in 2005 by the modern Holton Company again targeting a balance of quality and price suitable for school music programs.[4]
In addition to building the company in Elkhorn, Frank Holton also built a subdivision of 5 and 6 room bungalows in 1919. The 25 homes were priced in the $3,000 to $4,000 range.[10]
Post Frank Holton[edit]
After retiring, at age 82 Frank Holton sold the company to employee William Kull. The company was run from that point forward by sales manager Elliot Kehl, though Kull would retain the title CEO until he died in 1944.
During World War II, the company performed defense work, as did most all instrument manufacturers. Following the war, Elliot Kehl secured a controlling interest in the company and began development of several new products including the Farkas Model french horn and a new line of saxophones.[4]
Modern subsidiary[edit]
In 1964, the woodwind manufacturer Leblanc purchased the Holton company to form a band instrument company with a full line of instruments. Later, after being taken over by Conn-Selmer, the original factory in Wisconsin was closed down but the brand still offers both student and professional instrument, built in the Vincent Bach factory.[4] Some of the headline products built during the post-acquisition period include:
The Holton Collegiate and New Collegiate line of student instruments
The Maynard Ferguson Trumpet series
The Farkas Model french horn
The Merker-matic Model french horn
The Harvey Phillips Model tubas
Frank Holton's trombone slide oil (the original formulation) and valve oil.
Holton currently produces cornets, trumpets, french horns and trombones as well as Holton oil.
your sax is obsolete, C melody's are not used anymore.
Grant Koeller

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller