Saxophone/Low C on my Alto Saxophone isn't working?

Question
I am unable to play low C on my alto saxophone.  I don't think it is the way I am playing as I have played for a few years and never had a problem with this note.  Low and middle D as well as low C# I am having trouble with but I can play if I try hard enough.  The low C button seems to be working (the key is going down) but I don't know much about the mechanics of saxophones.  Any idea of what it might be?

Answer
Hi Samantha,

From what you have described it sounds like you have a leak in one of the pads. It could be a bad pad, a bent key, a missing adjustment cork or a misadjusted screw. The best thing is to visit a repair shop to have the proper repairs made.

Jeff Frazier
Owner - J and J Woodwinds
www.JandJWoodwinds.com

Saxophone

Jeff Frazier