Saxophone/savoir la valeur d un saxophone

bonjour j ai herrite de mon pere d un saxsophone soprano de marque cg conn elkhart ind usa il est inscrit patd.dec.8.1914. en dessous le numero 1119954 en dessous s en dessous m202898 en dessous l   l instrument est de couleur or je voudrais savoir l annee de fabrication et la valeur de cet instrument merci a vous

Yves - I used Google translator for the following question:

Q. - hello I have my father herrite of a brand soprano saxsophone CG Conn Elkhart ind usa patd.dec.8.1914 it is registered. under the number 1119954 under s below m202898 below ll instrument is gold I would know the manufacturing year and the value of this instrument has you thank you.

A -(English) -This horn dates to around the middle 1920's - a nice old horn. This is most likely not "gold" but gold lacquer.  The value will be in it's condition, if the lacquer is unscratched and still vibrant in color, AND if the horn is in good playing it might be a nice addition to a collection of you can find a buyer.  A horn such as I've described might be worth between $600 and maybe $850 US.  

Now, if the finish is in fact gold "plated" - you can add another $500 to $700!  It's worth having it checked out by a professional :)

Google translate French: Cette corne remonte à vers le milieu 1920 - une belle vieille corne. Ceci est probablement pas "or" mais laque d'or. La valeur sera dans cette condition, si le vernis est grattée et toujours vivante en couleur, et si le klaxon est en bon jeu, il pourrait être une belle addition à une collection d'entre vous peuvent trouver un acheteur. Une corne tel que je l'ai décrit pourrait être une valeur comprise entre 600 $ et peut-être $ 850 US.

Maintenant, si la finition est en fait de l'or "plaqué" - vous pouvez ajouter un autre 500 $ à $ 700! Il vaut la peine de l'avoir vérifié par un professionnel :)  

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.