Saxophone/Saxaphone

Question
I have inherited a, The New Buescher Aristocrat Elkhart IND USA (alto) serial number 267339.
Unfortunately, I know very little about this saxaphone. It has it's original case which has seen better days but the saxaphone appears to be in reasonable condition.
I have been told it is vintage and may have some value for a collector?
I would very much appreciate any information with regard to this instrument.

Kind regards
Steve.

Answer
Steve,

Thank you for asking your question about the Buescher New Aristocrat Alto Saxophone that you have inherited. I can tell you, based on the serial number you provided, that this saxophone was manufactured in 1934 at the highly esteemed band instrument factory in Elkhart Indiana. This model was also used for a time by jazz saxophonist Charlie Parker.

I will suggest that you have the instrument insured for a replacement value at no less than $1000. I have seen these in original condition sell for much more. Please keep the original case with the saxophone. It will help the value should you seek to sell it to a collector.

I appreciate you taking time to send me your questions and hope that I have been able to provide some help to you.

Saxophone

Gwen Shroyer