Saxophone/Lyon-Healy American Climax

Question
QUESTION: I'm getting into playing saxophone. I have a Lyon-Healy American Climax tenor sax made by Conn--it could be a stencil or an outsourced design, though I would assume it'd a stencil. I can't find ANYTHING about the history or age of the thing online. Could you shed some light on the subject?

ANSWER: Please send me a ton of photos!
thanks
Grant Koeller

Engraving
Engraving  

Main body
Main body  
QUESTION: It won't allow me to attach more than two. Would you like any specific angles?

Answer
Please remember that Lyon and healy were stencils made by Buescher, Martin or Couturier in LaPorte INDIANA. YOUR SAX IS FROM after 1923...This is not a Conn...
E.A. Couturier Co., Ltd.

1913 patent referenced on #3939.

Couturier cornet #3939 built in 1919 with a York-inspired predecessor to his 1922 patented quick-change Bb/A rotary valve and adjustable valve slides.
After resigning from Holton in 1913, achieving his first patent, and seeing that patent built by the J.W. York company as the Couturier Wizard Model,[1] Ernst Albert Couturier bought the derelict William Seidel Band Instrument Company and renamed it. He did so with two partners, Melvin G. Lathrop and William N. Barlow. His company built a full line of brass band instruments in the conical bore style as well as a saxophone.[2] In 1918 the firm moved from New York to La Porte, Indiana where the bulk of the instruments bearing the company name were made. In 1923 Couturier's eyesight failed and shortly after the company went into receivership and was sold to Lyon & Healy. In 1928 Lyon & Healy sold the band instruments division to the Frank Holton Company which halted production of Couturier instruments in 1929.[6] Instruments built under Couturier's control between 1918 and 1923 can be identified by serial numbers ranging from 1000 to 9500.[7]
Couturier was known to say, "After training for breath control and technical perfection, why must we remain at the mercy of inferior instruments?[8] Couturier turned to instrument design to address that problem, as did Vincent Bach, Elden Benge, Renold Schilke and Jerome Callet.[9]
The continuous conical bore construction patented by Couturier was a core principle in his designs. E.A. Couturier company was known for the unique shape of the valve tubing, which, in its original and purest form did not support any tuning slide for fine pitch adjustment.[2] This design was to support the most continuously conical bore possible and also offered less resistance to air flow through the horn. Slides, when present, continued a conical progression by varying the wall thickness in order to achieve a movable cylindrical exterior. Those instruments built without valve slides tasked the players to bend some notes using their lips and also to rotate the horn to free the instrument of condensation during rests.[2] The Couturier cornet was typically available in a Bb/A model with a rotary valve[7] for selecting the key of the horn while other makers of the era such as H.N. White used interchangeable tuning slides.[10] Couturier and the company received numerous patents for conical bore instruments, a phonograph, the A/B-flat "quick change valve", and a mute design.[2]

I need to know your serial number...

Saxophone

Grant R. Koeller