Saxophone/Saxaphone

Question
"I have recently acquired a sax made by CG CONN. Could you please help me with year, type and value, please?
On back is: patent Dec 8, 1914
         1119954
         C
         M165252
         H
The bell is gold inside, has pearl keys and a tuner on the neck. The sax is silver. Any help would be very appreciated.
Thankyou."

Answer
Anne - Sounds like a nice old horn - this could date to the late 1920's or early 30's.  According to the markings it is most likely a C melody horn which, unfortunately is not as highly valued as the more traditional Eb or Bb horns.  The value is in it's condition - will it need work to become playable? Are all the original parts intact?... etc.  

There are several of these listed on sites like e-bay - some going for as little as $100 and others maybe as much as $600-$800 (an exceptional model in near mint condition with all original parts and case!).

I hope that helps a little.  PS - they do make great display objects and curios :)

Best - ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera