Saxophone/King saxophones

Question
saxophone
saxophone  
I have a low pitch serial # 34xxx King saxophone. Any information about this would be of great help. If you could give me an idea on how to price this I would appreciate!  Thank you so much!!

Answer
Tammie,

Looks like a King Super - might date to around 1945 or so.  That's a cool old tenor saxophone! If it is in GOOD to VERY GOOD playing condition it might bring between $400 and perhaps as much as $700.  

The market is flooded right now and these old horns are not optimal for current day use by either learners or professional players. More than likely, it will need some work and it might best be suited as a "display" only horn. These typically sell closer to $200 and $300 on sites like e-bay.  

PS - the mouthpiece is upside down lol :)

ec  

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera