Saxophone/King saxophones

I have a low pitch serial # 34xxx King saxophone. Any information about this would be of great help. If you could give me an idea on how to price this I would appreciate!  Thank you so much!!

Looks like a King Super - might date to around 1945 or so.  That's a cool old tenor saxophone! If it is in GOOD to VERY GOOD playing condition it might bring between $400 and perhaps as much as $700.  

The market is flooded right now and these old horns are not optimal for current day use by either learners or professional players. More than likely, it will need some work and it might best be suited as a "display" only horn. These typically sell closer to $200 and $300 on sites like e-bay.  

PS - the mouthpiece is upside down lol :)

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.