Saxophone/question

Question
Hello,

Is there a way to tell what year a sax was made without knowing the serial model? I'm inquiring about a King 665HF. When I look, I only see serial numbers and not model numbers by which to locate years of production.

Thanks,
Shelly

Answer
Shelly - here is a nice page that you may find a close match as reference:

http://www.saxophone.org/museum/saxophones/manufacturer/56

We can probably get close to a manufacture date simply looking at a pic of your horn, if you want to send one along.

You may find these horns labeled as "professional" models, but in reality this is probably a mid-level horn in the grand scheme of things.

Good luck and play it!

ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera