Saxophone/saxaphone

Question
Hi. I have a King 613 saxophone but the sn# when i go to look it up tells me I have a different horn. could you help me with this ?
like i said on the front it says King 613 but the sn # is n194382 which says it's a Zephyr series 1 the saxophone is gold, any help on this would be great I don't play just want to move it along but I would like to know what I have.  thanks john

Answer
John - King has a long a storied history that dates back to the late 1890's. They produced some good models (the Zephyr and Super 20) and were innovative in some of their designs...including some mouthpiece modifications. The 'parent'company is HN White and some of the horns are labeled "Cleveland".

The 613 was a solidly built student level horn. Your "N" prefix means the horn may actually have been made by the Conn company that took over King manufacturing in the 1980s. These typically can be gotten for between $150 and maybe $250 on a site like e-bay - depending on the condition.  

All that being said, a picture would really clear things up :)  

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera