Saxophone/YORK Saxophone alto

Question
Hy ia have a alto saxophone york grand rapids Michigan USA with serial numbers 8229,could you like to helpl me with some more information about it.i just bought it and if ist a profesional model i want to repeir for me..thank you

Answer
Andrei - if you're serial number is correct that might mean you have an very, very old horn there. The records are a bit sketchy and were ill-kept for these horns and the company changes hands several times over their history.  If you send a picture I might be able to more closely guesstimate the age.

The value will be in its play-ability and condition of the finish.  If it is all original and in good playing condition, with no dings, dents, or scratches, it could bring maybe $400 to $500.  Most of these more typically sell for $150 to $300 however, as they are considered outdated for today's use and very few are highly regarded by collectors.

EC

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera