Saxophone/saxophone -alpha foreign brand

Question
Alpha Foreign
Alpha Foreign  

Alpha Foreign
Alpha Foreign  
Hi Sir,

My grandfather posses saxophone and on it stated Alpha Foreign. Its the Alpha Foreign still exist? Can consider as antique stuff.. also if I wanna sell it,what the price range?

Thank you

Faiz

Answer
Faiz,

Thanks for sending me your question about the tenor saxophone that your grandfather has.

I am not familiar with the brand "Alpha Foreign" and believe it most likely to be a stencil or copy made by another manufacturer. It appears to be a silver finish that has a lot of tarnish. I also see a bend in the lip of the bell which could be corrected. If this were my instrument that I was considering to sell, I would first make sure that it would look good and play well.

Please consider taking the saxophone to a local repair shop for an estimate on making it at least play ready. If it were a playable saxophone, I would not sell it for less than $400 but might consider asking for more depending on how well it plays, looks and sounds.

I really wish I knew anything at all about the manufacturer of your saxophone as it might give you more history and relevance about what you actually have.

Saxophone

Gwen Shroyer