Saxophone/Alto saxophone make/model

Question
Serial #
Serial #  

Full image
Full image  
Hi Gwen
I am trying on to determine the make/model and approximate year of this saxophone. I am interested in selling and would like an idea of value.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
John

Answer
John,

Thank you for sending me your question about the make and model of your alto saxophone.

The photos that you sent were helpful as I could narrow it down very quickly to the manufacturer of Holton. Based on the serial number, I believe it was produced in 1923 in Elkhorn, WI. Holton had instruments being made at two factories during this time. One in Chicago, IL and the other in Elkhorn, WI.

As to the model of your saxophone, it is right before Holton had the "Revelation" model which began in 1925.

One thing I really do like is the case you have with it.

I would place an insurance replacement value on your saxophone of $500 but to the right collector, you might sell it for more. The case is worth $100.

I hope that I was able to answer your questions and give you a little insight as to what you have.

Saxophone

Gwen Shroyer