Saxophone/Martin tenor 18828

It seems to date to 1919. What's the value on this?

That is a very old Martin saxophone. As far as giving you a value I really don't have enough information. There are a large number of variables to take into account and I would really need to see the saxophone or at least have photos. BTW the site indicated you are in Georgia. I'm located in Covington, GA about 35 miles east of downtown Atlanta. If there is a way you could bring it to me, I would be happy to appraise it. If not please send some photos to my email at

I hope to hear from you soon
Charles Harris  

Charles Harris

questions regarding equipment, performance, repairs, lessons, etc. Almost all saxophone related questions.

I am a professional member of N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instruments Repair Technicians). I have been repairing saxophones, flutes, clarinets, and brass instruments since 1993. I perform in several professional groups covering genres form classical, jazz, and rock.

N.A.P.B.I.R.T (National Association of Professional Band Instrument Repair Technicians

St. Petersburg Junior College (AA) University of South Florida.