Saxophone/Conn sax

I have my Grandpa's sax. Can you please tell me what year and what it's worth. I know nothing about saxophone's.
It's a CONN USA shooting stars M16 serial# 707932.
It's Gold with mother of pearl keys? From the research I've tried to do I think it's a 1964.

Despite the cool and catchy name, this is about as generic a saxophone as was ever made.  These are student level horns for the most part and they are very abundant on sites like E-bay.  Most sell for between $150 and maybe $300. If you send a picture I might be able to give a little more info.  

Condition is everything. If it is in excellent playing condition, scratch and dent free, with all its original lacquer in tact, an alto could bring perhaps $350 and a tenor in similar shape could bring perhaps $450.

Hope that helps a little!

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.