Saxophone/Conn sax

Question
I have my Grandpa's sax. Can you please tell me what year and what it's worth. I know nothing about saxophone's.
It's a CONN USA shooting stars M16 serial# 707932.
It's Gold with mother of pearl keys? From the research I've tried to do I think it's a 1964.

Answer
Paul,

Despite the cool and catchy name, this is about as generic a saxophone as was ever made.  These are student level horns for the most part and they are very abundant on sites like E-bay.  Most sell for between $150 and maybe $300. If you send a picture I might be able to give a little more info.  

Condition is everything. If it is in excellent playing condition, scratch and dent free, with all its original lacquer in tact, an alto could bring perhaps $350 and a tenor in similar shape could bring perhaps $450.

Hope that helps a little!

ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera