Saxophone/Selmer Super Action 80

Good evening Eugene! I have a tenor Selmer Super Action 80 series that begins with the letter N 3525??  It's wasn't made in Elkhart,Indiana but was made in Paris.  in other words it only says made in Paris. There are a few scratches on the horn. Unfortunately, due to a medical condition, I will have to sell it. Which year did this horn was made?

Hi Ron - I think your horn dates to about 1983....that makes it a Super Action (often mis-named as Series I...but there is really no such thing!). These are rarer but unfortunately not as highly coveted as the Series II horns that started production a few years later.

Best of luck to you and cheers from Texas.

Eugene Cantera

I have been a music educator for over 25 years and have taught on many levels from young children and school agers on through to college level, professional players and senior citizens. My main areas of expertise are saxophone(s) though I have taught many instruments including, guitar, bass, piano, oboe and drums to name a few. I have also done research on horns both vintage and new.

I have been in music education for 25 years and I have written and published in the subject of professional music education.

The Dallas Morning News, Dallas Business Journal, Marketing and Higher Education Newsletter.

Bachelor of Music Education, Hartt School of Music - The University of Hartford.