Saxophone/Selmer Super Action 80

Question
Good evening Eugene! I have a tenor Selmer Super Action 80 series that begins with the letter N 3525??  It's wasn't made in Elkhart,Indiana but was made in Paris.  in other words it only says made in Paris. There are a few scratches on the horn. Unfortunately, due to a medical condition, I will have to sell it. Which year did this horn was made?

Answer
Hi Ron - I think your horn dates to about 1983....that makes it a Super Action (often mis-named as Series I...but there is really no such thing!). These are rarer but unfortunately not as highly coveted as the Series II horns that started production a few years later.

Best of luck to you and cheers from Texas.

ec

Saxophone

Eugene Cantera