School Psychology/Social Prodigy?

It was kind of just a thought that popped into my head and I'm not certain if this is the right section but I was wondering if there was such a thing as a social prodigy. You know how some gifted children are just innately good at painting or piano or chess? Well could it be possible for a child to have an extremely advanced understanding of people, how to interact with different kinds of people, and are of aware of the world outside of there own existence in such a way that trumps the limitations that come along with being youthful and inexperienced?

Social intelligence certainly does exist and some people are naturally a lot better at it than some other people. So, technically, perhaps there is something to what you are suggesting. However, there is no test or official name for social giftedness that I am aware of. Additionally, if a person is truly gifted socially, they would probably also be intellectually gifted due to the complexities that must be understood in social situations. If a person is able to understand these complexities at a young age, they would need to have above average language skills. This kind of person would probably be more likely to be identified as intellectually gifted rather than socially gifted.  

School Psychology

Morgan Potts

I can answer most questions related to psychological evaluations including an explanation of the scores and the assessment measures. I can also answer most questions regarding special education eligibility, response to intervention (RtI), and recommendations and interventions for specific areas of disability including intellectual disability, learning disability, emotional and behavioral disorders, other health impaired, autism, and pervasive developmental disorder. I can also answer questions regarding Individual Education Plans (IEPs), and parent rights.I cannot determine if a child has a disability or not based on anecdotal information or assessment scores. I can also answer questions regarding the profession of School Psychology. I can tell you what School Psychologists actually do. I can also tell you about educational requirements though these differ somewhat by state.

As a graduate student, I interned at a psychoeducational facility for students with severe emotional and behavioral disorders as well as other disorders including specific learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, and autism. Following my internship, I was hired full-time there as a school psychologist and worked there for several years. Since then I have worked as a regular school psychologist in a district mostly completing psychological evaluations and consulting with the Student Support Team (SST). I currently work as a contract psychologist for several metro Atlanta counties.

The National Association of School Psychologists (NASP) The Student Support Team Association for Georgia Educators (SSTAGE)

My undergraduate degree is from the University of Georgia in Psychology. I have an M.Ed. and Ed.S. from Georgia State University. I recently completed my Educational Leadership Certificate at West Georgia University.