School papers, Essays, Dissertations/Research paper thesis

Hello. I'm trying to create a thesis statement for my high school AP English research paper. My topic is the origin of hip hop and its founders. My first thesis attempt is as follows: While many people enjoy hip hop, many do not know where it was actually created, who founded it, and all the factors associated along with it.

I assume that you will go on to explore for the reader where it was created, who created it, and the factors associated with it. Your thesis, however, requires you to show that not many people know about these things, not what they actually are.

A better thesis might be:

Although many people who enjoy hip hop know very little about where it arose, who founded it, and the circumstances surrounding its creation, the story of that creation is fascinating and compellingly describes the music itself, the people who brought it to prominence, and the cultural setting in which arose and thrives today.

Hope this helps.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith

I have been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years, taught speech and English composition at the university level, and have developed speech and English composition courses and seminars for businesses. I am experienced in editing a wide variety of materials, especially business, scientific, and other academic papers. I am familiar with all the major style guides.

I have edited any number of graduate papers and other technical materials in such advanced fields as civil and electrical engineering and semiconductor fabrication. I have extensive experience in working with non-native English speakers.