School papers, Essays, Dissertations/period

Question
Hi

How are you? Which option is correct? Do you we need a period after the word "spain" or not?

A) You say that the sentence "I don't know Peter, the person who contacted me this morning from Spain." is very poorly constructed.

B) You say that the sentence "I don't know Peter, the person who contacted me this morning from Spain" is very poorly constructed.

Please explain your reasons.
thanks

Cheers

Answer
You say that the sentence, "I don't know Peter, the...Spain," is very....

This is the correct construction. The sentence or phrase in question should be set off by commas on both ends. Do not use the period as ending punctuation when it is within a larger sentence.

Hope this helps.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith