School papers, Essays, Dissertations/Conceptual Application

The subject has to do with self defense and how any single movement, which might be understood to be a block, a strike, etc., could be abstracted and interpreted for many other applications beyond the basic, standard interpretation of the movement.  Thank you for your assistance.

I don't see why this topic should lead to anything other than a linear analysis of the topic, although the topic itself strikes me as odd. You are, after all, speaking of specific physical actions that have immediate effects. A block blocks, and a strike hits (or perhaps accidentally misses) something. I don't understand how or why it is desirable to "abstract" or "interpret" such actions at all. It seems to me that anyone who spends time doing that is going to fail miserably at defending himself.

But if you'd like to go ahead and write something up I'll be happy to take a look.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith

I have been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years, taught speech and English composition at the university level, and have developed speech and English composition courses and seminars for businesses. I am experienced in editing a wide variety of materials, especially business, scientific, and other academic papers. I am familiar with all the major style guides.

I have edited any number of graduate papers and other technical materials in such advanced fields as civil and electrical engineering and semiconductor fabrication. I have extensive experience in working with non-native English speakers.