School papers, Essays, Dissertations/Conceptual Application

Question
The subject has to do with self defense and how any single movement, which might be understood to be a block, a strike, etc., could be abstracted and interpreted for many other applications beyond the basic, standard interpretation of the movement.  Thank you for your assistance.

Answer
Robert,

I don't see why this topic should lead to anything other than a linear analysis of the topic, although the topic itself strikes me as odd. You are, after all, speaking of specific physical actions that have immediate effects. A block blocks, and a strike hits (or perhaps accidentally misses) something. I don't understand how or why it is desirable to "abstract" or "interpret" such actions at all. It seems to me that anyone who spends time doing that is going to fail miserably at defending himself.

But if you'd like to go ahead and write something up I'll be happy to take a look.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith