School papers, Essays, Dissertations/An influential person similar to Giordano Bruno?

I'm doing a Heroism Definition Essay, and I am writing about how heroes can also be people who have made contributions to society and the world.Problem is, I'm having trouble finding someone who I can compare to Giordano Bruno who is a person I really want to use for this essay. It would really help if I could use the following to this person:
Their Education
How they presented their ideas
Their Death, and Legacy.

The obvious choice would be Galileo, who was also persecuted by the church for his views. There is a very large literature on both these men, so getting the information you require on their lives should not be at all difficult. However, I cannot do the research for you.

Hope this helps.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith

I have been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years, taught speech and English composition at the university level, and have developed speech and English composition courses and seminars for businesses. I am experienced in editing a wide variety of materials, especially business, scientific, and other academic papers. I am familiar with all the major style guides.

I have edited any number of graduate papers and other technical materials in such advanced fields as civil and electrical engineering and semiconductor fabrication. I have extensive experience in working with non-native English speakers.