School papers, Essays, Dissertations/What exactly is plagiarism?

Question
Salam,

For example, I wish to write an article about a specific topic, and I research about it over the internet and found a similar article on the same topic in the form of a website. I write an article in my own words on the same topic by collecting information from that article and cite the article I found on the internet as my source. Am I plagiarizing?

Thanks.

Answer
Yousaf,

If you cite the source materials for your article, you are not plagiarizing. Ideally, when you write your article, you will draw on multiple sources, though. Cite each of them for their specific content and you should give enough information about your source that a reader can find it.

Hope this helps.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith