School papers, Essays, Dissertations/research questions

1. How do you do grey literature research? (i.e. lets say I wanted to find all the grey literature on legalization of marijuana)

2. How come in academia, research methodology and additional concepts are not truly taught until graduate school?

3. How would I perform company and industry research in such a way to understand industry best practices, the top companies in the industry, what research projects the company is working on to develop their next product, and what skills and connections I would need to be recruited as an executive in the industry?

1. Here is a link to what appears to be a fair guide to researching grey literature.

2. Some undergraduate programs do indeed include research methodology, but curricula at individual school vary so you'd have to ask about curriculum policies at individual schools and departments.

3. I can't really help with this question. The resources would probably vary by industry and even individual companies. Usually companies try to keep their R&D projects secret until they're close to product launch. As to being recruited as an executive in an industry, try looking at job postings of the type you're interested in.

Hope this helps

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

Dan Smith

I have been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years, taught speech and English composition at the university level, and have developed speech and English composition courses and seminars for businesses. I am experienced in editing a wide variety of materials, especially business, scientific, and other academic papers. I am familiar with all the major style guides.

I have edited any number of graduate papers and other technical materials in such advanced fields as civil and electrical engineering and semiconductor fabrication. I have extensive experience in working with non-native English speakers.