School papers, Essays, Dissertations/word)


How are you?
What is the word for a vehicle which has only one person in (instead of 2,3, or more passengers), which cause traffic when used collectively.

Thank you

Hi Hame,

I'm not sure there's a single word for that, but in this country we often reserve specific lanes for what are termed "high-occupancy vehicles (HOVs). These generally require at least two people in the vehicle to use these lanes legally. So I suppose an adequate term for vehicles with only the drive present would be "low-occupancy vehicles."

Hope this helps.

School papers, Essays, Dissertations

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Dan Smith


I have been a professional writer and editor for more than 30 years, taught speech and English composition at the university level, and have developed speech and English composition courses and seminars for businesses. I am experienced in editing a wide variety of materials, especially business, scientific, and other academic papers. I am familiar with all the major style guides.


I have edited any number of graduate papers and other technical materials in such advanced fields as civil and electrical engineering and semiconductor fabrication. I have extensive experience in working with non-native English speakers.

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]