Science Fiction Books/Juvenile Science Fiction

Martha wrote at 2012-04-30 04:56:24
I read this book too. I lived in new jersey at the time and was in junior high.  That would have been about 1973-1974. I thought it was called the necklace. I have been searching for it off and on for years!  She was able to communicate telepathically once in the tank.  I remember the cover art of the time being  pink and black. I even called the library of the school but to no avail.  The book is probably out of print. I, too, would be fascinated to find it!  

Martha wrote at 2012-05-06 03:42:26

Pen wrote at 2013-02-10 20:22:16
Enchantress from the Stars had a sequel called The Far Side of Evil; it sounds like you're recalling a combination of the two. (or maybe the whole trilogy). They're by Sylvia Engdahl.

(And I suspect an awful lot of SF readers know "juvenile" books--most of us started reading SF as juveniles, after all, and most of us paid little attention to supposed reading level either then or now.)

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton