Science Fiction Books/Lost story IDF ...

QUESTION: Bill, Thanks for helping me with some recent questions -- and Happy New Year!  I purchased and re-read "Time For The Stars" and had great fun reliving it.

Here's another one that popped into my head recently.  It's a story about a man who becomes increasingly obsessed with watching or following the news, I think on TV.  I don't recall anything else of the storyline, except that something happens to him, or to his world or environment, resulting from or coincident with his news obsession.

I've kinda become this guy.  I'm trying to find out what might happen to me!  :-)

Many thanks in advance,
D.C. Ross

I'm afraid I can't help you with this story.  You didn't indicate how long it was, but it sounds sort of thin for a novel.  Regardless, It doesn't ring any bells.  Sorry.

Do you prefer Dan or DC?  Or don't care.

QUESTION: Yes, a story, as I dimly recsall, probably in one of the magazines.

Dan please, or more commonly over the years, DCR.  Thanks for the reply, sir.

When I was younger (I will be 70, this month) and before there were such things as PCs <g>, I used to read all the SF magazines from cover to cover.  Then, as time went by, I started reading just the departments, and not the fiction.  I still subscribe but I wonder how much longer I will.

Science Fiction Books

Bill Denholm

I have a large collection of paperback SF. I am a serious collector. I can answer quetions about books by a particular author or books published by a particular publisher. I have a special interest in cover art and the artists who do the covers.

I have been collecting SF paperbacks since the 1950s and I have many reference books about Science Fiction.

Various magazines for paperback book collectors.