Science Fiction Books/scifi/fantasy i cant remember the title or autho

i read one about 10 or 20 yrs ago about a people's whole society
that was based on Talents. Main character had no identifiable Talent. Turned out his talent was for solving puzzles. He was raised in a circus and picked up juggling and tightrope walking by dint of constant practice. one thing goes through every chapter 'everything is balance'

Sorry- I haven't read this one.  If you find it, please send me the title since I'd love to read it.

I can highly recommend the Talent series by Anne McCaffrey which is the three books To Ride Pegasus, Pegasus in Space, and Pegasus in Flight.  

A fun series about circuses, long out of print, is by Barry Longyear:  Circus Word, City of Baraboo, and Elephant Song.  

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton

Engineer who has read thousands of science fiction books and short stories. Can recommend stories on specific subjects and comment on technical feasibility. Especially good at older out-of-print books and authors.