Science Fiction Books/SF I read in the 70's

I read this SF book that I checked out of the local library.  The story line was thousands of people were marooned on a hostile plant. The planet had vicious animals and the gravity was many times of earth's. Thousands of people died the first night from the elements and the animals. The survivors vowed to live and get revenge on the ones who marooned them there. They had to plan and prepare for generations to do this. The survivors built a "radio" to send a signal out that they knew could take possibly hundreds of years out to lure their enemies to come back and check on them.
I really enjoyed this book and would like to read it again and see if there was a series by the author. I have tried to find this book but have been unable to. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Vern,

The book you read might be Space Prison by Tom Godwin.  Space Prison was the title used for the paperback reprints published by Pyramid Books.  The novel was originally published in hardcover by Gnome Press with the title The Survivors.  If this isn't it, I am not sure what else to suggest.

Science Fiction Books

Bill Denholm

I have a large collection of paperback SF. I am a serious collector. I can answer quetions about books by a particular author or books published by a particular publisher. I have a special interest in cover art and the artists who do the covers.

I have been collecting SF paperbacks since the 1950s and I have many reference books about Science Fiction.

Various magazines for paperback book collectors.