Science Fiction Books/Russia and Japan

Question
Hello, and thank you very much for being willing to answer questions.

I would like to know if you are aware of any science fiction (but not fantasy) books which take place in either postmodern Russia or postmodern Japan. Perhaps there are science fiction books you know of which contain references to Japanese offworld colonies? I am particularly interested in any books which might have to do with relations between Russia and Japan.

From this, I exclude "Fortunes of War," because it is too unrealistic and because it takes place too near to today. I exclude "GURPS Cyberworld" because it has too little detail. Finally, I exclude "The Bushido Incident" and "The War in 2020," as well as the new version of the Holy Russian Empire that is referenced in "World War Z." However, that is only because those three books are books I already have, or am reading right now. I know two "Cold War Gone Hot" novels that each contain only single isolated references to Japan. These made me very frustrated.

The reason I am asking about books in these categories is because I myself want to write science fiction that make extensive references to Russia and Japan.

By the way, "The Ear, the Eye, and the Arm" is a sci-fi and kidnapping mystery novel which takes place in Zimbabwe in 2034. I read it when I was perhaps 12, and I would like to recommend it to you.

Thank you very much for your help.

Answer
See if you can find Soviet Science Fiction by Isaac Asimov.  A collection of vintage SF stories.  I know of no stories involving Russia and Japan, nor any set in Russia except for that book.  Thanks for the recommendation of Ear, Eye and Arm.  Will look for it.

You can try emailing the world's largest SF library mitsfs@mit.edu

Good luck.

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton