Science Fiction Books/Sci Fi book

Question
Hello Mr. Denham!  I appreciate that you are out there, and that you may be able to help me with a question I've been wrestling with for quite some time.

In my youth, I read (what I recall as) a short story about a scientist that had a civilization of small, and very intelligent, creatures in his barn (I think it was a barn).  This scientist (who wasn't as talented as the creatures) used these creatures to solve the worlds toughest problems.  He did it by subjecting these creatures to the problem, and they would solve it.  I also recall that the creatures had an incredibly short life span, so 1 year to humanity was like 100 to them.

Does any of this sound familiar?  I originally thought it was part of the Heinlein short story book, "The past through tomorrow" but I was mistaken.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Take care.

Answer
Hi David,

The story you remember sounds like "Micocosmic God" by Theodore Sturgeon.  It is one of the stories in his collection called "Caviar".

Your question seems to have gotten lost or I didn't know that you had sent it.  Sorry for the delay.

Science Fiction Books

Bill Denholm