Science Fiction Books/older sct fi short story

Question
in the early 70s i read a short story about psyc. problems of space travel. several things were tried including a drug. it caused hallucinations. in the end the spade tailed devil and purple dragon actually emerged from the craft. that is all i remember. i sure would like to know the title and author. thanks

Answer
Sorry, I also read this one and also can't remember the title or author.  Good luck finding it.  It might have been in a collection by Spider Robinson, perhaps one of his Callahan's Saloon series.  As I recall it was a humorous story, and Spider's stuff is often funny.  Or might have been Asimov.

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton