Science Fiction Books/An old story I read

About 52 years ago I read a book and I never forgot the story. I cannot remember who wrote it or what the title was. It set me on a road to a love of Science fiction/fantasy I still am on today. The book was about a boy who stows away on a spaceship going to a space station. He gets caught, but everything is okay and it turns out to be a wonderful adventure for him. This was before we went to the moon. It was mot likely written in the 40's or 50's. Thank you for any assistance you can give me.

There are jillions of such stories.  My favorite is by Robert Heinlein titled Between Planets.  Contrast with the short story The Cold Equations, where everything does not turn out OK.  This short story is in the Science Fiction Hall of Fame, volume 1.  Well worth reading.

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton

Engineer who has read thousands of science fiction books and short stories. Can recommend stories on specific subjects and comment on technical feasibility. Especially good at older out-of-print books and authors.