Science Fiction Books/Science Fiction Story - "Immortal".

Dear Bill

Can this be a Good Science Fiction Story - "Immortal" or "Never to die" where in the story mentioned that Human Beings are "Never to die" i.e. Immortal due to advanced medicine achievement. As a example Human Beings living for a maximum Life span of 130 years is extended to 1000 years similar to specific Trees / Plants.

In this science fiction story are shown the Consequences, effects if this happens in reality where Human beings species are never to die as a example "Population explosion", environmental effects etc.

Do you also feel a Good documentary film or movie or play can also be constructed on these story base ?.

Similar to the above fiction story base, are there already English movies produced ?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

There is a free public database called the Internet Science Fiction Database

where you might find some information that will help you in your search.

Search on: Immortal and fiction titles

You will get a long list, many pages, so scroll down to the stories with just "Immortal" as their title.  There are about 20 of them (rough number).  One of these stories may be the one you are looking for.  It is a place to start, at least.

As for basing a film or a play on this concept, I am sure you could do it.  That is not my area of expertise, though.

Science Fiction Books

Bill Denholm

I have a large collection of paperback SF. I am a serious collector. I can answer quetions about books by a particular author or books published by a particular publisher. I have a special interest in cover art and the artists who do the covers.

I have been collecting SF paperbacks since the 1950s and I have many reference books about Science Fiction.

Various magazines for paperback book collectors.