Science Fiction Books/Short story collection

When I was in school (1990's), I borrowed a collection of science fiction short stories from the library that included "Who Goes There?" I can't remember if it was Analog, or Year's Best Science Fiction or another collection. I vaguely remember some other story about a child who had a whole civilization in (a box?) in his bedroom. I think his sibling wanted to damage it. Does that collection or that story ring a bell? I'd love to get the collection but if not, at least that other story. I wish I remembered more!

Hi Heather,

It is hard to tell which collection or anthology you read, BUT, it could have been Adventures in Time and Space, edited by Raymond J. Healy and J. Francis McComas.

Here is a link to the entry in the Internet Science Fiction Database for that book

There was also a little Dell paperback, called "Who Goes There and Other Stories", and it was one of the three stories in that book

Science Fiction Books

Bill Denholm

I have a large collection of paperback SF. I am a serious collector. I can answer quetions about books by a particular author or books published by a particular publisher. I have a special interest in cover art and the artists who do the covers.

I have been collecting SF paperbacks since the 1950s and I have many reference books about Science Fiction.

Various magazines for paperback book collectors.