Science Fiction Books/can't remember book title

Do you know of a database of SF plots?  I read some great books years ago & can't remember enough to track them down to re-read.  The 2 stories of which I'm thinking now involve regenerating the bodies of elderly to be soldiers and using DNA from the dead to clone soldiers. I think the 2nd title was something like 'ghost battalion'.  I've tried a lot of internet searches but can't get a hit.  Seems these were written as a series about 15 years ago. Can you help with either the general database/resource question or the specific one re. the 2 books?  Thank you for your time and consideration.

the only database I know of is for short stories and anthologies.  here's a link.  Good luck finding your story.

I remember reading this story about cloning bodies for soldiers, but unfortunately also can't remember the title or author.  

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton

Engineer who has read thousands of science fiction books and short stories. Can recommend stories on specific subjects and comment on technical feasibility. Especially good at older out-of-print books and authors.