Science Fiction Books/SF book I can not identify

Valerie wrote at 2015-10-05 22:55:19
The story this description immediately brought to mind is "Stranger Station" by Damon Knight.

Yes on alien. Yes on excretion used as a drug. The links had a huge list of stories Id never heard of, and I think Stranger Station wasn't among them because people seemed stuck in the rut of "excretion" meaning pretty much one thing. And it's not sweat.

I read it decades ago, but interestingly, someone else asked about Stranger Station in this forum, July 11, 2014.

op wrote at 2016-03-04 07:44:38
Hey guys, unfortunately neither the list or the suggestion was what I had read in the past, thanks for your help and if anything else comes to mind please let me know, until then I'll keep looking and I'll update you if I ever find it again lol 😊

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton