Science Fiction Books/SF book I can not identify

Valerie wrote at 2015-10-05 22:55:19
The story this description immediately brought to mind is "Stranger Station" by Damon Knight.

Yes on alien. Yes on excretion used as a drug. The links had a huge list of stories Id never heard of, and I think Stranger Station wasn't among them because people seemed stuck in the rut of "excretion" meaning pretty much one thing. And it's not sweat.

I read it decades ago, but interestingly, someone else asked about Stranger Station in this forum, July 11, 2014.

op wrote at 2016-03-04 07:44:38
Hey guys, unfortunately neither the list or the suggestion was what I had read in the past, thanks for your help and if anything else comes to mind please let me know, until then I'll keep looking and I'll update you if I ever find it again lol 😊

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton

Engineer who has read thousands of science fiction books and short stories. Can recommend stories on specific subjects and comment on technical feasibility. Especially good at older out-of-print books and authors.