Science Fiction Books/Looking for science fiction assassination story with mysterious girl

It is years I've been looking for a short science fiction story about a man who was released from a prison planet in order to assassinate a candidate for galactic president. He does this on a space station, and escapes with the help of a mysterious and very attractive girl with silvery hair and multi-colored skin.

Will be grateful for your replies.

I read this short story some 8 years ago online.

The assassin was released from the prisoner planet by some influential people so that he may assassinate the galactic president candidate, whose rule would, according to said people, be bad for the galaxy.

I also remember that the girl, who is actually a young woman and is also a prostitute. The first time he sees her she's walking into the bar accompanied by another man.

I don't remember why she helps him. She was likely his contact, given to him by those who sent him on the assassination.

They escape together after creating a diversion with an explosion, running off into some corridor that probably leads to a way off the space station.

The story story ends there but in my opinion leaves room for a sequel, even if only to explore the protagonists' developing relationship.

I also read this story, but unfortunately can't remember the author or title either.  I can however, recommend an excellent sci-fi story about a prison planet titled Infinity Hold, by Barry Longyear.  Out of print for many years, but it may be in a public library near you.

If you find the name/author of your story, please post it here so I can read it again.  As I recall, it was well written and worth re-reading.

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton

Engineer who has read thousands of science fiction books and short stories. Can recommend stories on specific subjects and comment on technical feasibility. Especially good at older out-of-print books and authors.