Science Fiction Books/SF short story

Question
Glad to find you online! I was talking to a friend about alternate realities, and the talk put me in mind of a short story I read perhaps 40 years ago about a husband and wife bickering about what to do with their abundant free time. They are in separate nutrient-filled tanks, and can imagine and inhabit any scenario they desire. She wants to frolic in some romantic bodice-ripper tale, and he wants something more violent and escapist and -- without her. She hectors him, but many of the details I've forgotten. Do you recall what story this might be? It sounds almost like a Dick story, but it's not "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep."

Thanks for your expertise and thoughts!

David

Answer
sorry - never read this one.  Try looking through this index of SF stories which you can sort by author.  The story is not by Asimov, Heinlein, Arthur C. Clarke, or Harry Harrison, since I've read all of their stuff.

http://www.philsp.com/homeville/ISFAC/0start.htm

Good luck.

Science Fiction Books

Sue Kayton