Science for Kids/question on project

Question
hello Ralph sir
actually we have this science exhibition and we are expected to make projects and it should be working model
I wanted a working model on the topic "transformation and conservation of mechanical energy"
And I have to take it to the school so it shouldn't be bulky.
So please suggest me some working models and I have to submit it on 17th November.

Answer
I think that one of the most interesting demonstration models you could build is a series of pulleys.  In this demonstation you have a string over a stick, then one over a single wheel pulley and then over a double/triple wheel pulley and over a quadruple wheel pulley.  Tie the same weight to each string end and you can demonstrate how much less force is needed with each successive pulley vs.  the string over the wooden bar.

The transformation is in part due to the wheels in the pulleys and conservation of energy by having multiple wheels in a pully, you are using the energy multiple times to make the work easier.  

Science for Kids

Ralph Salier-Hellendag