Science for Kids/science

hi i am a 7th grade student, i was wondering if you could tell me about the aerodynamics of an egg dropped from 25 feet inside a bag.

Hi Gabe
I guess that you have been challenged to try to put an egg in some kind of a container that keeps it from breaking and dropping it. Is that right?
At the earths surface the egg is subject to an acceleration of 9.8 meters (32 feet) per second/per second. In other words it would fall 32 ft in the first and 64 feet in the 2nd second. This would happen only in a vacuum. Of course the air resistance on the bag would slow it down slightly but would it  not be enough to prevent the egg from breaking at 25 feet

Science for Kids

walter hintz

I can answer questions from kids in all grades in the areas of general science, biology and nature study

I have been a teacher for over 55 years and have spent many years doing hands-on science with elementary and middle school students.

The Ohio Journal of Science
Momentum: The Journal of the Catholic Educational Association

B.S Ed Kent State University
M.Sc. The Ohio State University