Science for Kids/science

Question
hi i am a 7th grade student, i was wondering if you could tell me about the aerodynamics of an egg dropped from 25 feet inside a bag.
         thanks

Answer
Hi Gabe
I guess that you have been challenged to try to put an egg in some kind of a container that keeps it from breaking and dropping it. Is that right?
At the earths surface the egg is subject to an acceleration of 9.8 meters (32 feet) per second/per second. In other words it would fall 32 ft in the first and 64 feet in the 2nd second. This would happen only in a vacuum. Of course the air resistance on the bag would slow it down slightly but would it  not be enough to prevent the egg from breaking at 25 feet

Science for Kids

walter hintz