Scientology/Truth

Question

Ron famously said 'what is true is what is true for you'. Did he think all truth was subject, i.e., there are no objective truths?

Thanks

Answer
No.  He thought one should rely on one's own experience insofar as possible, not the claims or experience of others.  Nothing should be taken on faith, or because "everyone knows," or because it emanates from an "authoritative" source.

Things are true or not independent of what one believes.

But truths that one lack's one's own certainty of, are subject to one's own inspection and verification.

That's not to say you have to do your own research to learn that the polar ice is shrinking and that indicates a change in climate, or that feeling something uncomfortably warm isn't enough to figure out what will happen if you stick your hand in a fire.  You don't have to be struck by a bullet to figure out it will do damage.

Things can be "true for you" through indirect as well as direct means.

Scientology

Laurie Hamilton